Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Still standing...

"Still Standing"
Copyright 7-26-2016, SJ Palmer
For me, the star of this painting is the big tree.

Back in 2001 the Lord told me He had given me His "ability to endure"... I remember the young woman prophesying over me added, "the Lord wants you to know that you're going to make it through everything..."

That's what this work says to me. God's Life is always present, growing ever within and before me, born of His Light. I am rooted and grounded in His character. Above all, the Blood of Jesus runs strongly and steadily through my veins, and I am back-dropped and surrounded by His Wisdom, resolve, safety, and refining fire.
 
I like this painting. To me, it means - no matter what - I am possessed of His ability to endure and, in Him, I'm still standing.


Sharon