Sunday, August 21, 2016

Tranquil Sunset: A Black Canvas

This was different. It gave me all new appreciation for white canvas and the presence of light. With black canvas, man, there is NONE... if it's there, you bring it. The mercy of God and your use of color are all you have to bring light and proper shade to an otherwise dark enterprise.
 
It produced great awe in contemplating what the Lord did with only one Light to work with when He began making the earth - Himself. In the literal sense, then, it takes Light to make light. In the artistic sense, shadow helps a great deal.
 
Did I enjoy the challenge? Yes.
Would I use black canvas again? Yes.

I've painted this one for my best friend Lynette who is now enjoying many tranquil, colorful days in life. She's growing closer to Jesus and living a life of freedom right here on earth. This is how she looks to me; standing in the foreground of life with the soft Light of God on her face. (I cover every word of that testimony with the Blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth Who came in the flesh. Amen.)
 
Lynette, my friend, I love you. Enjoy the painting.
 
Sharon
"Tranquil Sunset"
Copyright 8-20-2016, SJ Palmer