Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sailing

Thinking clearly. Sanity. Purity.  Safety. Light. Salvation. Blood. Healing. Forgiveness. Closure.
 
A child has made it back to simple shores; that's what this painting says to me.

Your innocence will live again if you trust Jesus to heal you. I've been delivered from the crazy pain, robbery, and frustration of childhood molestation; thanks to Jesus, I've gotten back my sanity.
 
Confusion and betrayal - misleading, brutal theft of the truest artifacts in knowing who you are and who you are meant to be... that's what molestation took from me.
 
But Jesus bought it back. He gave it back to me after giving His own precious Body and Blood in exchange. He bought back "the kid" in me and made me understand how my life went desperately wrong at such a tender age.
 
And when my foolish choices exacerbated that horrible wrong... Jesus sacrificed His life for that dark time, too, and gave me back my life and my childhood "in Him" a second time.

He healed me through the words of a Christopher Cross song that played in my mind repeatedly. It played through the deliverance I went through nearly a year ago, and it still plays today, as healing continues.
 
Here's the marvelous song:







For those of you who've known the ballistic pain of childhood molestation, I urge you to listen carefully to every word of this masterpiece, and reach out to Jesus as it plays. You can be healed along with me. I'm praying for you.


God bless you.


Sharon

"Sailing"
Copyright 9-27-16, by SJ Palmer