Saturday, October 15, 2016

Creekside

I did this painting while standing talking to Lynette about it - and she recorded me! It was SUCH fun to see and hear what I actually know about this painting technique, and I got a chance to just let my imagination go. I mixed my own simple color combinations with a mind toward harmony and contrasts; I think it turned out GREAT!

If you've tried the wet-on-wet technique, I urge you to do fun things like recording yourself doing a project; it's a great way to learn via self-critique. I won't subject you to the actual video but, suffice it to say, it's a hoot!

I call this one, "Creekside". With all the conversation and instruction involved, it took close to 2 hours to complete. My favorite part of it is the mountain... I'm finally getting the hang of how to do them. Yay!

I love that I actually put the developing picture in my head on canvas, and I am very pleased with the results. Lynette was blessed, and Jack loves it.

God is good.

Sharon

"Creekside"
Copyright 10-15-16, SJ Palmer