Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Perseverance Pays Off

"Serenity"
Copyright 1-24-17, SJ Palmer

My husband Jack named this painting because of the way it makes him feel; I'm inclined to agree.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE taking a photo with a DSLR camera makes! It truly has done justice to the beauty, simplicity, and coloring of this painting. In it, I see hours of practice paying off; I'm very pleased.

The Lord rewards perseverance and diligence; He regards humble hearts who give Him glory for all accomplishments.  That's what I'm doing today with this bright, lovely painting... I'm giving Him glory... I'm thanking God for it.

I find I've come to put combinations of 3's in my paintings, to stand for the Godhead. It's just something I enjoy doing.  There are five prominent trees here, but the evergreens are a group of 3; I know my Heavenly Father, Lord and Love Jesus, and Best Friend Holy Spirit are ever watching over me.

On a painter's note, I'm glad to finally have bushes look like bushes - in coloring, layering, form, and shape! Yay! The camera catches that well.

Bob Ross always said that - as with everything - if there's anything to mastering this technique of painting, it's practice.  Though I don't yet consider myself to have mastered it, believe me, practice is what I have done, and I've greatly enjoyed every moment of it... even the absolute flops!

I'm encouraged and energized, and I pray you are, too, regarding all the tasks and challenges you tackle to bring glory and honor to God's Name.  I haven't let His gracious, powerful impartation to my life lay on the ground, and I've allowed Him to constantly encourage me regarding the humble efforts of nurturing and stick-to-itiveness necessary to bring its tender buds into bloom.

The Lord's hands laid the foundation of my ability to paint, and His hands shall finish it... "for who has despised the day of small things?" (Zech. 4:10a)

Certainly not me. 

Hallelujah!

Sharon